Friday, December 23, 2005

 

A Trip to Brisbane

Ah, today I took a trip into Brisbane to pick up a replacement spike for my eyebrow piercing that I lost yesterday while cleaning it. So after rejoicing in the fact that Queensland trains ARE air-conditioned (as it's superfuckinghot today), I got off the train and was greeted by heat and humidity. Gotta love Queensland. Anyhoo, I walked through the arcade, and there was a busker in the underpass playing some slide guitar. I'm envious of anyone qho plays good guitar, mostly cuz I still think I suck at it. Anyway, I made my way through the various malls and got to my piercing place (Punktured @ Off Ya Tree), and by the time I'd got there, I was more than sweating bullets.

Anyway, the replacement spike cost me $15 and I also got a spare eyebrow bar to go with it...it's blue acrylic... and yeah all up I spent $40, which I hadn't planned on. But anyhoo, it needed to be done, because I nearly lost the whole bar last night while I was sleeping.

After that I went to get some lunch, I had a Japanese Pork Curry at a little Japanese take-away in the Wintergarden Mall:



Accompanied by some Peach Iced Tea:



The curry itself was nice and tasty, and the crumbing on the pork was nice and crunchy. The iced tea was nice and refreshing on a day like this, too.

On my way back through the mall, I saw some buskers who were playing Beatles songs, and quite well I might add... although "She Loves You" seemed to have the exact same verse 3 times in a row...lol. Other than that, though I thought they were good enough to give a tip, so I tosses $1.20 into their guitar case as I was leaving.



They got applause from passers-by, though, so that's a good sign!

'Til next time,

~Frostilicus~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo!

That foodies looked good...

I hope those guitar people appreciate your monies!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home