Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

Today's Storm And Sunset

The weather was sunny-ish for most of today, with a bit of cloud in it. I managed to get a horribly bad headache after going out to the shops (this combination of heat and humidity really does me in sometimes), so I took some panadol and laid down. I woke up a couple of times, and wasn't terribly comfortable... I seemed to be drenched in sweat, and I decided to get out of bed. As I was doing so, I heard thunder. I looked outside and it was cloudy. Nothing rare for QLD, the weather changes quickly up here. I groggily poked my head around the corner of the doorway and noticed my housemate was shutting down her PC. I asked her "how bad does it look?", and before I had said "look" there was a huge burst of thunder. She looked at me and I just nodded and said "Yep, it's bad."

I shut down my PC and grabbed my camera. For the next 6 minutes or so I took this footage (megaupload, 4.5mb. wait 45 seconds, then a pop-over thingy slides down..click the X on that and the download button will be under it). The person I am talking to is my housemate, who shall remain nameless. And yes, I sound a bit groggy cuz I just woke up from my dismal nap.

I also took some pics of the storm:





This is while it was still raining... I think in the clip at one point I said something about taking a picture...lol

The rest of the pics I took are after the sun set, but it was still light out and the bank of clouds to the north looked awesome:



The sunset...well, after it had gone behind the house down the road, anyway...lol.



This is the set of clouds without zooming into it. It might not be evident in this picture, but the darker clouds were under the lighter ones, and sort of in front of them. The above shot was taken from the bathroom window.



Taken from the back deck, it's easier to see in this pic that the 2 sets of clouds are separate.





The next cloud was rather intriguing looking.



It looked a bit like a wave, to me. So I took another picture that was a bit more zoomed in...



This is another shot takem from the back deck:



And a couple more taken as it started to get darker:





(one taken from the back deck, the other taken from the bathroom window. As my back deck only extends enough to be able to not fall down the stairs when you open the back door, I resort to taking pics from the bathroom window, as there's less trees in the way.)

And the storm didn't do much in the way fo bringing down the temperature. It was still just as humid post-storm as it was pre-storm. Bloody QLD weather *shakes head* ... but at the moment, I'd much rather live here, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it...

'Til next time,

~Frostilicus~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...Those clouds look rather edible...

Cloudy gooooodness!

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home