Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Thursday's Rant

I went to do a little shopping today (having to shop/cook for myself while the usual chef of the house is on holidays), and God, it was hellish. I should remember that Thursday being pension day, there's lots of old people (screw PC-ness) who shop, and now, being summer school holidays, parents with their kids, who whine and whinge about "Mum, can I have chocolate?", "Mum, can I have ice cream?", blah blah blah. Anyway, I only intended to get a few things, to tide me over until payday next week, when I ended up with double what I intended (as per usual), but on the upside, at least I'm not going to starve.

Anyhoo, I wandered around picking up this and that and putting it into the carry basket, realising that, oh fuck, I'm going to have to wait in the regular line, as I've got like 15 items in my little basket (ok, it was fuller than full). So I pick the shortest line.. and end up stuck behind some pensioner who has like 3 bags of cat litter in her trolley... and I think to myself, YAY! A crazy cat lady! And then I remember I've forgotten to get something, so I swear out loud and then go to look for some UHT full cream milk. Which I don't find. So fuck it, I get a litre of regular milk, and head back to the checkouts. Joy! More people have lined up, so again I pick the smallest one and I'm standing behind this Indian woman. She's got not a whole lot in her trolley, so I figure I'm in for a short wait. That is until I realise the checkout chick is putting the bigger bills into that cash chute thingy, and I'm getting more pissed off by the second. It's hot outside today, and I don't think anyone likes to be aggravated when it's hot, even in an air-conditioned supermarket.

I finally get to put my groceries on the little conveyor belt thing, and then checkout girl has to put some more plastic bags on the plastic bag holder. She looks up at me and feigns a smile, apologising for the wait. I feign a smile back, all the while thinking "whatever lady, just get the fuck on with it, I'm not in the mood".

Ugh. The other "rant" part of this though, has to do with the "8 Items or Less" express line. One thing I fucking *HATE* is people who can't read the sign that says "8 Items or Less". It's usually old people that rock up with like 15-16 items. 1 or 2 items over I'm not picky about, but DOUBLE the items? GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LINE, YOU MORON!!

Rantingly yours,

~Frostilicus~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheeeeeeeee! People that are old!!
I like old people. Most of them like me. Most...

Wheeee... Kitty litter!

A non-starving Fwosty Fwuit is what we like!

Need. More. Cute. Checkout. Chix.

3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home