Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

Heinz Cheesy Macaroni

With my 3 of my 4 housemates on hiatus, dinner is a "fend for myself" deal until they return. Not that I mind, I can eat whatever I like, which is usually completely different to what my housemates will eat. (Damn Australian food tastes...tsk tsk) So for tonight I've lined up a mild chicken curry, and for lunch, I decided to road test Heinz Cheesy Macaroni. It looked edible enough on the can, anyway.



Here's the can... mmmm...cheesy goodness. I decided to add some cheese to it as well, just as a bit of extra flavour. I unloaded the contents of the can (which looks something like chunky yellow goo) into a bowl:



There were a couple of pasta chunks left in the tin, too so I scooped them out and into the bowl. I stuck it into the microwave and because our microwave is a bit old and you can never figure out how long to cook things, I put it in for about 3 and a half minutes. (I'm assuming, it has a dial control)

About halfway through, I added some cheese. I got some Mainland Special Reserve Tasty cheese yesterday... I'm a bit of a cheese snob sometimes, I tend to enjoy different types of cheese (this is from growing up with a French parent) and this one is nicer than the usual cheddar/tasty.



I cut up a little bit, and sprinkled it onto my yellow chunky slop in a bowl:



And cooked it for the remaining time. It came out all bubbly, and I stirred the cheese through it, which was nicely melted. The taste? Well, let's just say it would have been kinda bland without the added cheese. But then I'm a cheese snob, as I said. It would go well with some knackwurst or other kind of sausage if you are that way inclined.

I give it.. 3 and a half munches out of 5.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheesy cheesy!

Hehehe Cheese and cheese related products are rather good!

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

POOMB!

8:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home