Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

Spaghetti and Altoids

Yes, I agree, an odd combination. But they weren't consumed together! I chose to have lunch at Chix 'n Snax, a local take-away establishment.



Their Spaghetti Bolognese looked a LOT more appetising than that godawful "Fantastic" one I had not so long ago, so I decided to give it a go.



This was the "medium" size (there is no "small"), and it was packed to the lid with spaghetti. It was actually just how I like my spaghetti to be, not overly dry, though not swimming in soupy sauce, and it actually tasted good, too. Although, it came complete with 2 bay leaves, which I've never eaten and don't think I want to try eating, either.



The meal was consumed along with a bottle of Angostura Lemon, Lime and Bitters (oh how very posh).



When I got home, I decided to break out the gum I bought the other day, which is Altoids Cherry Flavoured Sour Chewing Gum, purchased at Chocolate Boulevard in the Queen Street Mall. It's $5.95 a box, and there are "about 20 pieces per box". (The reason for the high price is that Altoids products are imported from England.)

This is the box in all it's shrink-wrapped glory. Apologies for the slightly blurry pictures, I took them without the flash as the flash was washing them out horribly.



All Altoids tins have the contents wrapped in paper, or (in the case of the Sour lollies) have a piece of cardboard to protect them. These are no exception, and the box is about half the width of the regular sized Altoids mint tin.



The gum (in it's unchewed state) has the look of Mentos lollies. They pretty much have the same Mentos-ish texture, but with a very sour cherry flavour. The sourness passes, though, just like a Warhead. ;) The gum also comes in Apple flavour. For more information check out The Altoids Website.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo! It looks gooooooood!

*Steals* *eats*

Still owe me some Hawt Chix though....

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home