Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Sunday's Storm

Yesterday we had a storm that lasted for about 2 and a half hours or so...which is quite long, considering that lately the storms we have been getting have been fizzling out before being worthy of being called storms. Yesterday's gave us a lot of rain, thunder and lightning, and while I didn't manage to get any lightning shots (I've given up on that idea), I managed to get some good cloud shots throughout the afternoon.



This was towards the beginning of the storm. Admittedly, when the storms start to approach, I go into "shutterbug" mode and am taking pics virtually every 5 minutes. My housemates might think I'm nuts, but they haven't mentioned it yet. I told them about this blog (though didn't give them the address), and they just said "o...kay..." and looked at me strange. Whatever. But, while the storm was happening we were watching the clouds and the rain, trying to judge when it would be over. This is a bit hard to do without having the weather radar handy, though.





This next pic was "round 2" of the storm in the distance. It gets darker outside when it storms most likely due to the thickness of the clouds, so when it gets lighter is a sign tht the storm is getting to be over. There was another cloud band in the distance, though, which held lightning and more rain...





When the storm had mostly passed, I raced to the bathroom to take the following picture. I like to take pictures that show a range of light tones, hence why I take so many freakin' cloud pictures, and I will tend to shoot the same scene multiple times as the tone of the picture will be different. Basically it's never the same picture twice.



Then as the sun started to set, I took some more pictures.





This pic is to the right of the previous picture...



And finally, the sun setting from the front deck...



Storms I find interesting as a force of nature. They can be beautiful as much as they can be destructive. They also make for some great pictures, too. Until next time...

~FrostilicusFrost~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They can be beautiful as much as they can be destructive."

Heh, reminds me of some chicks I know...

Thats very true though. There is a duality to nature that I love and respect. Wonderful.

4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home