Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

I+J Microwave Bacon Burger (With Cheese!)

For today's food related post, I've chosen to review I+J's Microwave Bacon Burger With Cheese. Having tired (for the moment) of reviewing noodles ad nauseum, I decided to drift back into burger land, under the "frozen microwave" umbrella. This one I purchased from Coles for the grand price of $2.56.

Here's the box:



Front



And the instructions are printed on the back, with diagrams! It's a bit blurred, as per my shaky phone cam skills (bah!), but basically you take the bagged burger out of the box, place it upside down on the box in the microwave, heat for one minute...



Then turn over and nuke for another minute. So I prepared my lunch as per the directions, and waited, while cursing the Queensland humidity yet again (today is a bit of a stinker and listening to my housemates crap on about God knows what with a visiting friend.) Finally my lunch is done *ding!* and I pull the bag out of the microwave, grab my Coke from the fridge and head to the sanctuary of my room. I set the bagged burger on the desk, only to find that the bag is already half open and some kind of liquid is oozing out! I wipe up the small puddle and then completely open the bag:



Oh no, my burger is upside down. So I turn it upright... and admire the burgerish form for a minute or two while I wait for it to cool, and then get stuck in.



Despite the fact that on the box it says "New Tastier Recipe!", it tastes a little better than cardboard. It does have a flavour that can be recognised as "burger" although the cheese is that suspicious orange colour and it DOES look rather pre-fabricated. (but then, what else would you expect from frozen food)



By reaching the end of the burger, the bottom part of the bun has gone rock solid and really chewy.


Ahhh... A heart attack waiting to happen...

Verdict: This is a good one for uni students who don't have the cash flow to really care about what they are eating, or those who really like bad tasting microwaveable food. I'd give it 2 chomps out of 5, just to be nice about it. If you're that much of a burger freak, go the home made or go to HJ's or something...

1 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

Sounds good enough to me. If you're a bacon and burger fan, that is. Me, I'd rather have some pita and feta and turkey. Seems just as easy to make.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home