Friday, November 11, 2005

 

K-fee Turbodrink

As a change to my usual morning coffee, yesterday I picked up a can of K-fee Turbodrink. Usually I drink 1 cup of plunger coffee, and if I feel like it, I'll drink 2. This plays havoc with my heartburn, but anyways. Seeing as I've been trying a lot of new things lately, I spotted this at Woolworth's yesterday, and having tired (for the moment) of doing endless noodle posts, I decided to review this drink, especially after reading that it has a whopping 130mg of caffeine in it, as opposed to the 80mg in Red Bull.

So here's a quick snap of the can:



I left it to chill overnight, as canned drinks do taste better in a chilled state. Stumbling out to the kitchen in a semi-half asleep state this morning, I decided to drink it as my morning coffee, as it's getting a little too warm to make hot coffee. Summers in QLD really take a lot out of you! Anyhoo, I opened the can, forgetting to shake it first, so I stuck my thumb over the opening and gave it a swirl or two to mix it up. I remember I had a canned tea drink years ago and I had forgotten to shake it first, and it was kinda, uh, AWFUL. Meanwhile I Googled the drink, as I tend to do a lot nowadays when I don't know much about something. That or Wikipedia. I discovered that K-fee is actually made by a German company, and fortunately, they have a link to a US version of the website, thankfully. I kinda wish Planetemu had one, then I wouldn't have to rely on my rusty French and/or Babelfish to read it!

However, I digress. According to the K-fee website, K-fee "...is freshly brewed roasted coffee with whole milk that you can enjoy easily and everywhere. A ready mix with a great taste and a strong effect - because one can of K-fee turbodrink contains twice as much natural caffeine, but only half the calories of typical energy drinks." According to the site it also comes in the following varieties: Chocolate and Vanilla, and there's also Coffee and Menthol flavoured chewing gum, with 3 pieces = 1/2 a cup of espresso. Somehow I think Jolt gum has a little more kick to it. The taste of K-fee is definitely coffee, it's sweet, but not overly so. I find it to be actually quite a pleasant drink, and it seems to have done the trick and woken me up (so far). And I obviously didn't shake the can properly enough, because on my last swig, some creamy sediment stuff came with it and I nearly gagged! Ewww...

But on the whole, I give this 4 swigs out of 5. It's good for a quick coffee on the run, especially if it's a hot day and you don't have time to wait for your coffee to brew on the way to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home