Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Bacon Deluxe

Now, I'm not one of those people who eat fast food everyday. The only fast food I eat on a regular basis is Subway, and even then because out of all the fast food places around, it seems to be the only semi-healthy one. Anyway, the other day I had a mad craving for something I haven't eaten in over 2 years: a Hungry Jack's Bacon Double Cheeseburger Deluxe. I was kind of curious to see if the taste had changed any since I last had one.

So I legged it down to my local Hungry Jack's and bought one. Obviously in the last 2 and a bit years, the price of the Bacon Deluxe had gone up, and found myself paying (if memory serves) $4.25 JUST for the burger. I reeled a bit, but didn't exactly drop dead. I just didn't want to make a scene in the middle of lunch hour. Anyhoo, I purchased, and was presented with my burger in an HJ's bag:



Funny thing is, the bag is probably the healthiest thing in the entire package, if it were edible. But, the point of this little expedition had nothing to do with health. I opened up the bag, and pulled out my lunch:



There it is, folks, in all it's wrapped glory. It's all warm and weighty in my hand, and I can just about smell the greasiness. I unwrap the burger and set it down for a quick before-shot:



It looks sort of cute, doesn't it? ;) The cheese melted onto the wrapping paper a bit, as cheese in burgers tends to do. I pick it up and take a bite. The taste hasn't changed a bit!



Mmmm... this IS a tasty burger! ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hungry Jacks=Burger King here. Same Logo, same packaging. Same design on the bag, even. Different Name.

4:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM
I love Bacon Deluxe's - despite their fattiness.

Hungry Jacks is the Australian version of Burger King..

8:42 pm  
Blogger outbackqueen said...

HJ's burgers are by far the best fast food burger around I only had my first bacon delux a few weeks ago (delicious!!) ... We do also have a few burger kings in Australia l... I'm from Newcastle and there is one at Glendale super centre (from memory) but it's defs a burger king!!!

1:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home