Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Mother Energy Drink Review

Now admittedly, I'm a bit of an energy drink wh0re. I shouldn't drink them, though, due to my sleep disorder. But, since when am I one to listen to medical advice :P Having seen this new product while out and about, I hadn't yet tried it. One day I took the plunge and picked up a can of "Mother".


(Image courtesy of colonpipe.com. Apologies for the image borrowing! If you would like it removed, please email me and I will be happy to oblige.)

I'm an open minded kinda person, and one would have to be when trying a new product. This drink contains all the usual energy drink things: caffeine, guarana, vitamins. It also contains Açai berry juice, which I had the strange pleasure of tasting while I was in Perth. Açai berry juice has a taste that is hard to describe... it's said to be a berry flavour, with hints of nuts and chocolate. I more like to describe it as "strange purple crap that tastes like berries that have been juiced after spending 3 days in a hot climate, therefore rendering said berries completely RANCID...with a slight hint of chocolate". Needless to say, that was the first and only time I've ever had Açai berry juice.

Now back to "Mother". I'm surprised I drank the entire can of this stuff. And even then, I only did so because I had paid for it. Medicinal kind of describes the taste. "Tasty and refreshing", however, does not. It wasn't tasty. It wasn't revolting enough to make me spit it back up, but it WAS revolting enough for me to never even consider drinking it again.

Basically, take your favourite energy drink, then bottle it up with a dirty, sweaty sock for a few days in the sun... remove the sock, squeezing out the residue into the bottle, seal and then put it in the fridge to chill. Open and consume. Try not to gag. It was really that gross. I don't see this one lasting long on the shelves, folks.

Stick to either Red Bull or V, folks. (Oh by the way, V has a new berry flavour out, which is really nice!) Mother might draw you in with it's shiny silver can, and it's pseudo-trendy goth looking tattoo typeface and artwork... but deep down, it's still the same sock-hooch that you can't jazz up, no matter how hard you try.

1 sip out of 5....and that's for the graphics on the can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Itzcoliuhqui said...

Hmm...

It SOUNDS like this is designed to be consumed by drunk people who don't actually care what it tastes like.


Yup.

Can't get enough of that jizzed up sock-hooch.

V tastes good.

11:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries! But you should have borrowed the one with the glass full. :D

-Russ from www.colonpipe.com

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home