Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

A Shortish Rant...

...About the suckishness (is that a word? Oh well, it is now) of my local Coles store.

I have 3 supermarkets near me. Coles, Woolworths, and IGA. (That's Independent Grower's Association) The closest one to me, is Coles, and it's the one I mostly go to, having to walk twice the distance to both Woolworths and IGA, especially in the summer heat...well it doesn't exactly appeal. (Live in Queensland, and you will know why.)

Anyway. Despite the amount of posts I've done here that have been dedicated to Noodles (or Ramen, if you must), in various shapes and forms, I am these days picky about them. The only reason I tried Starvin' Louis' recipe was that I hadn't consumed noodles in a while and it looked tasty. The reason I'm so picky about them: back when I first lived in Brisbane, I lived on not much else BUT noodles for the first 6 months or so. This was due to not having much money and my first experiences with paying bills. Plus, my ex-housemate turned me off noodles after eating them in the most digsuting, oily manner possible... they looked more like alien grease globs than noodles.

I'm partial to the "noodle-in-a-cup" varieties now, rather than the easily fuckupable (that's a word now too! UP YOURS OED!) plastic packet kind. The thing I like about cup noodles, is that they're foolproof. Add water, add flavour packets, wait 2 minutes, stir, then eat. Even a complete and utter MORON could do it. AND...cleaning up is a no-mess, no-fuss breeze. Cup goes into the bin, and unless it came with a folding plastic fork, all you have to do is rinse the fork and stick it in the drainer!

The best ones of these i've found are the Suimin ones. They come in a variety of non-nauseating flavours, and are GREAT for a quick and dirty snack, lunch, breakfast...whatever. The ones I like, though, are the ones my local Coles are SYSTEMATICALLY removing from the goddamn shelf! I can't get the Thai Chicken Curry ones anymore. Nor can I get the Fantastic Chicken Curry ones anymore either. (exact same ingredients as the Suimin ones, but sometimes a bit cheaper.) Also not on the Coles shelf anymore are the Peanut Satay saucy noodles that in part inspired me to start this blog.

So here's my ranting point, folks. STOP PULLING MY FAVOURITE NOODLE FLAVOURS OFF THE SHELF, YOU FUCKERS! I don't CARE if no one else buys them, but I FUCKING DO! And if I collapse from heat stroke on the way to Woolworths or IGA...guess who I'm sending my medical bills to! :P

Bastards.

/end rant

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home