Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Breakfast on the Run

So the other day (Thursday), I made a mad dash into the city to get a ticket for the Scissor Sisters concert in February. (Yes, that's TICKET, singular, seeing as no one wants to go with me. You're missing a great show, folks!) After catching the earlier train than I had intended, I ended up at the top of the Queen Street Mall at 8:20am, realising in my horror that I had 40 minutes to kill before Rebel Sport opened and I could get my lil paws on my ticket! At least I had my iPod to keep me amused, and my phone with which to txt people with.

Anyway, I eventually got my ticket:



WOOHOO! Go me.

So anyhoo, having a bit more shopping to do (I was looking for a new hat to wear to the show...and I found one too!), by the time I got back to the railway station, it was just before 10, and I realised that I'd been up since 5 and hadn't had breakfast yet (I had coffee at around 6 with a couple of No-Doz :P), and I was a bit peckish. Doing something I don't normally do, I decided to get a quick breakfast from McDonald's (I KNOW, I KNOW...I'm going to hell now.)

Being in a slight hurry (My train was about 10 minutes away), I didn't want the whole 'sit-down-and-get-hotcake-syrup-all-over-me' kinda breakfast.. just a 'grab-it-and-run' kinda snack. So I settled on the "Deluxe Breakfast Roll", which had a price tag of $4.95. I had to wait while it was being prepared.. which on the one hand, it's being made right then and there and isn't sitting somewhere stagnating and fermenting... but on the other hand, I'm hungry and can't be fucked waiting!

Anyway, finally my roll turns up after about 3-4 minutes, handed to me with an obviously faked "sorry about the wait!" ... my roll was handed to me in a bag with a sticker across it. I thought "hmm that's a bit odd", as I lifted the sticker and proceeded to grapple with it. The "Deluxe Breakfast Roll" is a long bread roll, with 2 sausage patties, 2 slices of bacon, and 2 eggs, sauce and I think it had cheese on it, I don't quite recall.

As I started to eat it, I couldn't figure out why the bag (which was something like a paper pocket with a flap over it) was such a prick to work around, until I actually looked at the bloody thing and realised you're supposed to lave it closed and TEAR OFF the end part of it, so you can just pull your sandwich out bit by bit and munch it that way.

Anyway, I don't have a picture of said roll, but for McDonald's it was ok. I was hungry and if it came down to being starving and having the choice between the roll and a dead possum that's been lying on the road for 3 days... eh, I'd pick the roll. It might not be as healthy, but it looks a bit more appetising than roadkill.

2 chomps out of 5... considering I ate at McDonald's and now have to give myself an exorcism :P *snicker*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home