Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Chicken-Fried Bacon Strips?

I honestly don't know whether to laugh, or cry at this video...or whether to salivate or puke, for that matter. I didn't stumble on this video, so much as do a bit of link-hopping to get to it. But, I thought I would share it with you all (or y'all as they say down in Texas).

Chicken-Fried Bacon Strips

For those of you who have crappy connections, or don't have 4 and a bit minutes to spare, Sodolak's Original Country Inn, located in Snook, Texas has a rather interesting menu. Along with a 2 pound steak and fries, you can also order Chicken-Fried Bacon Strips. Simply put, these are bacon strips dipped in chicken-fried steak batter (although whether that translates to like beer batter for us Australian types, I'm not sure) and then deep fried (a la Chicken-Fried steak, which I'm told is similar to a schnitzel), and served up with a cream gravy.

Sadly, it looks sorely appteising, making me want some YESTERDAY...but on the downside, I would probably regret chowing down on it later. My favourite part in the video is the woman who says "Hey this is good! It just needs more salt!" (as if bacon isn't salty enough??)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home