Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Sleeping In An Oven?

Well, *nearly*. It's just gone 10pm, and it's nearly 33 degrees C in my bedroom. That's about the same temperature as it was when I woke up this morning, and 4 degrees cooler than it was at the hottest point of today.

It's the temperature on the left:



Seriously, NOT HAPPY JAN! The other night I woke up drenched in a pool of my own sweat with a head headache at 3:30am, and managed to get back to sleep after administering some Panadol Rapid (there's a plug for the Panadol people), and while I would love to leave my window open at night to let some freakin' cooler air in, seeing as I have no SCREEN on my window, if I leave my window open, I'll get devoured by freakin' mosquitoes and God knows what other tropical deadly bugs. It's happened before. Once I forgot to close my window, and woke up the next morning with a mosquito enjoying a morning snack on my shoulder. Not fun. =\ I did get into a habit of sleeping with my door ajar while my one housemate and her kids were on holidays, but they came back yesterday, and let's just say I don't fancy the idea of a 4yr old being scared by Frostilicus Au Naturel. *whistles* Kids are inquisitive by nature, and while she IS a sweetie, I'd hate to scare her like that!

Anyhow, on a non-ranting note, here's some sunset pictures I took ... the clouds showed up around 4:30-ish...but alas, FAILED TO DELIVER any cool, refreshing, relieving rain. Dammit. We had that on Christmas day, too. There were storms all around us, but we got maybe half a bucket of rain out of the lot, and no storm activity. Can we say "gipped on Xmas Day", kiddies? I thought so too.

But anyhoo, this was this evening...







The pictures are a tad grainy as It was getting dark.. but I think that adds a bit of charm to them ;)

Also today, I was at Subway getting dinner, as my housemate had run herself ragged this afternoon and just refused to cook dinner (which in this heat, I don't really blame her), and as I was walking out of Subway with my Italian BMT and Green Tea, their stereo was playing the beginning of "Similar Features" by Melissa Etheridge. I haven't heard any of her stuff for ages, and I looked it up when I got home and discovered it was one of her first songs, wayyyy back in 1988. Wow, that seems like forever ago now (Damn, I'm getting old!), but anyway, That's one of my song pics for the day, which leads me to Melissa's "Like The Way I Do", which I think is my all-time favourite one of her songs. The last time I heard it was at Options in Spring Hill, in January (the night of the famous Frostilicus Ankle Spraining), and let's just say, it was a sing-along with my friends and 100 other drunkish lesbians. :)) But that's the last time I remember hearing that, after a really shitty week, I was really out of it, and I was singing my little lungs out to it along with everyone else.

Peace n stuff,

~Frostilicus~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Dances*

*Melts*

*Seeps into dirt*

*Becomes soppy mess*

*Reforms*

*Takes over planet*

*Gives you North Korea*

*Snickers*

*Disappears into cloud of black sulphuric smoke*

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home