Thursday, February 21, 2008

 

The one involving the infected foot...

Ok. So I will admit it. I HATE doctors. I usually don't go to one unless I'm just about to fall off the perch.

That said, I've been dealing with an infected foot since the beginning of the year. I thought it originally had to do with not changing my socks (which I am lazy enough not to do sometimes, although not anymore!), and it's evolved into something totally gross to look at and just about as unpleasant sensation wise. I'm talking raw skin and oozing pus and the like. Not very comfort friendly.

Anyway. I've been to the doctor about it. 3 times. The first time, I was prescribed antibiotics and some anti fungal cream. Neither of which worked terribly well, which led me to doctor visit #2, my housemate (who has now left, more on that later) recommended her doctor to me, saying he was "the best around". I went to him, he prescribed different antibiotics and a different cream, which was supposed to be better.

Today was doctor visit #3. My foot is in a shocking state, and the doctor looks at it and goes: "Hmm...Tinea with a secondary bacterial infection." So then he asks me if I would mind having a blood test. I'm like "no problem", so he gives me a referral for that, a script for cream and antibiotics and then sends me to the nurse to get my foot cleaned and dressed. That, for lack of better words (cuz i'm fucking tired as hell right now) hurt like a motherfucker, but the nurse had to get all the dead skin off it, and to her credit she WAS trying to be gentle.

I get to the chemist, and that was my first aggravation. The cream the doc prescribed for me isn't on the PBS list, so it's 14.95 a fucking tube. I had in mind to also get dressings for it, but that was out. I didn't end up getting the antibiotic script either, seeing as I'd had it before and it appeared to do buckley's. (That's jack shit for you non-aussie types) So I think, right, let's go get this blood test done.

I get to the place where I think it is, and then find out it's the wrong place anyway. I swear out loud, much to the amusement of people around me, no doubt, and then proceed to walk to the address of the pathology place. Then I look up at a street sign and thing "hang on, the form says there's one here too", so i check the form and sure enough, i'm on the right street. I sorta go "yay" and then make for the door. Which I find LOCKED. The bastards close at 4PM. IT WAS NOW 4:10PM. Cue more swearing from me.

I dejectedly decide to take a cab home and wonder how the fuck I'm going to get this blood test done. I'm starting a new job tomorrow, with 4 weeks training from 8:30am - 4:30pm. It'll just have to fucking wait until I get a day free.

As to my housemates, I told them I wasn't renewing the lease when it came up for renewal. To which they basically wanted me to put them on the lease (which I wasn't going to do, seeing as my real estate had no clue they were here anyway and I didn't want to get in trouble because of them, which is why i wanted to get out in the first place...but i didn't tell THEM that.) Turns out they weren't blacklisted anymore (long story), and they applied for a house and got the first one they applied for and moved out last weekend. I have a friend moving in hopefully in the next few days, and this job (a call centre job in brisbane) has come at the right time, cuz even if my friend can't/doesn't move in, i'll probably be ok as far as rent goes.

That's all for now. More about the job at a later point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home