Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Rant Pants #5890

Oy. (No, I'm not Jewish.) Political correctness sometimes makes me want to puke and scream, as well as shaking my fist in outrage like an elderly person. Now, as the stupid silly season approaches, even jolly old Saint Nick is beign told to watch his words...

Read the following and then come back for my rant.

Santas warned "Ho ho ho" is offensive to women"

Ok, are you done reading? Good.

Pathetic, isnt it?? Tell me who the fuck is going to be offended by that? Everyone knows Santa says "ho ho ho"... so to ask him to say something else is just plain offensive, to Santa lovers everywhere. What the fuck is next, I ask you? Telling kids they have to leave Santa fat free cookies and skim milk, because he has to lose weight? Not using reindeer because *they* would be offended? Or maybe Santa will have to wear a colour other than red, because it aggravates the bulls, or maybe shave off his beard because it makes him look untidy.

Yes, these are ridiculous suggestions, as is the suggestion that Santa saying "ho ho ho" is offensive to ANYONE. As stated in the article, children don't usually know the other meaning of the word "ho" until their teens, so why should it matter what is being said? Can YOU imagine Santa saying "ha ha ha"? Doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? Another thing that surprised me was that it was in Sydney, Australia. This is the sort of bullshit I would expect from conservative bible belters in the US. They're usually the type to pull that sort of thing.

I'm more annoyed with the rather pointless inclusion of "White Christmas" in a booklet of carols I received from a local politician. White Christmas? In Australia?? I remember when I was a kid, singing Australian versions of popular christmas carols... What happened to them? Were they only cool in the 80's?

/end rant.

Oh, P.S. The shower tiles in the bathroom have FINALLY been replaced. Only took them 5 years...

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

The world is stark, raving, mad. I have nothing else to add.

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home