Saturday, March 11, 2006

 

Belated Pictures, part 2!

The local kebab shop recently started serving curry and rice, in addition to it's usual line of lamb ahd chicken kebabs. I decided to try it one day, with what I'm usually known to get from the kebab shop... a bottle of Coca-Cola, in the original hobbyskirt style glass bottle. Things go better with Coke (an old Coca-Cola company slogan), and Coke always tastes better in a glass bottle.

Oh, the chicken curry was very muchly edible!





There's a new pie shop that has opened near me: "Big Dad's Pies". I went there today to check it out, and while the prices are a bit on the high side (anywhere from $3.50-$4.50 per pie) it's made up for in the fact that they are HUGE pies. I bought a "Big Dad's Special" and a "Smokey".



The Smokey is a frankfurter, with bacon, onion, cheese, sweet chilli sauce and ketchup wrapped in pastry. Quite tasty and VERY filling. The Big Dad's Special is a pie with bacon, onion, cheese and a whole egg baked inside.

Also on the subject of eating places, there's a new Lebanese coffee shop that has been open for quite some time. I've been going there for lunch twice a week for about a month now. They do kebabs, foldover pizzas with cheese plus anything from sausage to meatballs to olives... and they also do a fabulous $5 pizza with the lot, including capsicum, meat, olives, mushrooms, onion and more. Here's a shot (albeit a blurry one) of their "cheese and olive" foldover:



They also sell a lot of Lebanese/middle eastern smallgoods. Halloumi Cheese, Shanklish (which is a type of cheese ball with herbs on the outside), goats cheese, goat yogurt, pita bread, lentils and many many more items. They also have homemade Labneh, which I was informed is a type of sour cream, and a whole array of sticky Lebanese sweets, lady fingers and baklava and such.





And while wandering through The Warehouse while looking for some puzzle books, I found this rather humorous item:



'Til next time,

~Frostilicus~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT THAT COKE!

I love glass bottles of drinkable goodnessess.
Been a long time since I'd had a glass bottle of coke..

And those T-shirts are a riot. There is one that I like "Nobody knows I'm a white supremiscist"

(Or however you spell that)

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

The hilarity of it all...

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home