Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

Mini-Review: Beard Papa Sweets

The last few times I've been to Brisbane I've gone past the new Beard Papa Sweets store which seems to be conveniently located at the entrance to the arcade I go through to get to Central train station. (Or the arcade I come out of after leaving Central, depending on perspective.)

Beard Papa Sweets has a flagship product, which is, in a nutshell, cream puffs. There's always a nice sweet aroma coming from the place, and this time I decided to check it out. I decided to get one vanilla and one of their "flavour of the week", which happened to be Green Tea. Click here to view.

While I do enjoy Green Tea, I didn't enjoy this cream puff. First of all, it looks disgusting. I'm sure that in Japan it's all the rage, and I'm not afraid of trying new things, but this was really...really awful. The combination of a bitter tasting Green Tea didn't go too well with the creamy texture, and I think I'll just stick to drinking Green Tea instead.

The Vanilla one was much better. The cream custard inside was delicate and had a nice flavour without being sickeningly sweet. Next time I go past there, I hope they have a different flavour... They have a range of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, green tea, coffee.... and in the states they have a pumpkin flavour, which sounds interesting. They also make a Mango Ice Shower which sounds great for a hot day... as well as other goodies.

I'd give the cream puff product 3.5 bites out of 5, just so long as it's not Green Tea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home